Manorhamilton Castle, Co. Leitrim

Dublin Core

Title

Manorhamilton Castle, Co. Leitrim

Subject

Exterior of Manorhamilton Castle
Men

Description

Lantern slide showing an exterior wall of the Manorhamilton Castle, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim. Originally titled 'ManorhamiltonCastle. Co. Leitrim' and labelled 'L1 5'. Two men can be seen in the image, one in the farground with a dog, and one in the foreground on a horsedrawn cart. The Castle was erected in 1634 by Sir Frederick Hamilton who was granted land in North Leitrim by the English government. The Castle was burned by the Earls of Clanrickard in 1652. The monument is located on Castle Street in the centre of Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim, Ireland.

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Identifier

RSAI, Lantern Slide, Box 32

Alternative Title

Box32_004

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Extent

114.3mb
7559 x 7559 pixels

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
County: Leitrim
County: http://www.logainm.ie/100018.aspx
Townland: Manorhamilton
Logainm Townland Link: http://www.logainm.ie/1375408.aspx
Irish National Grid East: 188425
Irish National Grid North: 339750
Position Source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 54.306503
Longitude: -8.1785918
Place: Manorhamilton Castle, Co. Leitrim Latitude: 54.3065027 Longitude: -8.17859180000005

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

BOX32_004.jpg

Citation

“Manorhamilton Castle, Co. Leitrim,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed May 27, 2022, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/31638.

Geolocation

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page