Augustinian Church on Thomas Street, Dublin.

Dublin Core

Title

Augustinian Church on Thomas Street, Dublin.

Subject

Churches

Description

Lantern slide depicting the Augustinian Church on Thomas Street, Dublin. The Church is located on John's Lane and is commonly known as 'John's Lane Church'. Its history dates back to Norman times when a Aelred the Palmer, a Norman living in Dublin , founded a ounded a monastery of Crossed Friars under the Rule of St. Augustine. The order also ran a hospital close by. The work of building a Church on the site began in 1862, under the leadership of Martin Crane. The architect for the project was Edward Welby Pugin. The design for the Church was 13th Century French Gothic. The Church opened for public worship in 1874. Originally catalogued as 'D3 VIII 70' with labelling 'Augustinian Church Thomas Street Dublin'.

Creator

Betty Maguire

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

image

Identifier

RSAI Lantern Slide, Box 16

Alternative Title

BOX16_087

Date Created

11/06/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern slide collection

Extent

7559 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
County: Dublin
Logainm County Link: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Town: Dublin City
Logainm Town Link: http://www.logainm.ie/1375542.aspx
Irish National Grid East: 15
Irish National Grid North: 35
Position Source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.343232
Longitude: -6.277565

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

box16_087 copy.jpg

Citation

Betty Maguire , “Augustinian Church on Thomas Street, Dublin.,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed May 25, 2024, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/27541.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page