Leinster House, Dublin City, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Title

Leinster House, Dublin City, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Subject

Tithe an Oireachtas
House of Parliament
Government Building

Description

Lantern slide of Leinster House, Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 IV 49' and with the title'Leinster House.' Originally known as Kildare House, the building was constructed between 1745-47 by James Fitzgerald, the Earl of Kildare. He wanted his new residency to represent the best of Georgian architecture - and thus reflect his own positon in Irish society. The building was designed by the architect Richard Cassells and follows the style that was popular in Ireland and England. In 1776, Fitzgerald became the Duke of Leinster and the house was once again renamed. Today, Leinster House is occupied by the National Parliament - Dail Eireann and Seanad Eireann.

Creator

Sophie Hogan

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

Image

Identifier

RSAI, Lantern Slide, BOX 11

Alternative Title

BOX11_021

Date Created

11/08/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

114.3mb
7559 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
County: Dublin
Logainm Code: http://www.logainm.ie/1375542.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 15945
Irish National Grid North: 34447
Position Source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.339137
Longitude: -6.253409

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

Box11_021.jpg

Tags

Citation

Sophie Hogan, “Leinster House, Dublin City, Co. Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed January 29, 2023, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/28779.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page