Old Bawn House, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Title

Old Bawn House, Dublin, Ireland

Subject

Staircase
Drawing

Description

Lantern slide of a sketch of a staircase in Old Bawn House, Dublin. Originally 'D3 II 3' with title 'Staircase. Old Bawn Tallaght.' The house was built by Archdeacon William Bulkeley in 1635. The house along with its extensive pleasure gardens, fell in to a state of disrepair by the 1900's and the site was eventually taken over by new development. The slide shows a drawing of one of the houses unusual features - a carved oak staircase. The staircase is now in the National Museum.

Creator

Sophie Hogan

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

Image

Identifier

RSAI, Lantern Slide, Box 09

Alternative Title

BOX09_003

Date Created

29/04/2015

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure
Epson Perfection V750 Pro flatbed scanner

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

114.3mb
7559 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
County: Co. Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Town/townland: Tallaght
Logainm code:http://www.logainm.ie/17457.aspx
Irish National Grid East:O 08
Irish National Grid North: 27
Latitude: 53.277859
Longitude: -6.362597

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

BOX09_003 copy.jpg

Citation

Sophie Hogan, “Old Bawn House, Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed February 9, 2023, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/28443.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page