Barrack bridge on the River Liffey.

Dublin Core

Title

Barrack bridge on the River Liffey.

Subject

bridges
rivers

Description

Lantern slide of two bridges on the river Liffey, one of which is Barrack bridge, which was built in 1670. It connected Ushers Island and Elis Quay prior to the present iron bridge over the River Liffey. It was later named Victoria Bridge but was then popularly called 'Bloddy Bridge'. In the foreground, a boat with an individual can be seen. Two rafts on the river are also depicted. Originally catalogued as 'D3 VIII 75' with no further labelling.

Creator

Betty Maguire

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

image

Identifier

RSAI Lantern Slide, Box 16

Alternative Title

BOX16_007

Date Created

11/06/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern slide collection

Extent

7559 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
County: Dublin
Logainm County Link: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Town: Dublin City
Logainm Town Link: http://www.logainm.ie/1375542.aspx
Irish National Grid East: 15
Irish National Grid North: 35
Position Source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.452736
Longitude: -6.174196

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

box16_007 copy.jpg

Citation

Betty Maguire , “Barrack bridge on the River Liffey. ,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed October 1, 2022, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/27460.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page