Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Tytuł

Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Temat

Guildhall

Opis

Lantern slide of Weavers' Hall, Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 68' with title 'Weavers Hal- Coombel.' In 1192, Prince John gave the citizens of Dublin permission to organise themselves into guilds. The Weavers' Guild was granted their first charter in September 1446. The purpose of the Guild was regulate weaving in the city and suburbs. This hall was built by the Guild in the Lower Coombe in 1682. The statue in the slide is of George II, erected by the Guild 'as a mark of their sincere loyalty.'

Twórca

Sophie Hogan

Źródło

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection: Box 08

Wydawca

The Discovery Programme

Data

1682

Współtwórca

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Język

EN

Typ

Image

Alternative Title

Box08_065

Date Created

10/02/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

7625 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
Town/townland: Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Area: The Coombe
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/1165873.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 14
Irish National Grid North: 33
position source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.339506
Longitude: -6.275138

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Pliki

box8_065 copy.jpg

Etykiety

Cytat

Sophie Hogan, “Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, Dostęp 24 lipca 2024, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/24967.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page