Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Titel

Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Onderwerp

Guildhall

Beschrijving

Lantern slide of Weavers' Hall, Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 68' with title 'Weavers Hal- Coombel.' In 1192, Prince John gave the citizens of Dublin permission to organise themselves into guilds. The Weavers' Guild was granted their first charter in September 1446. The purpose of the Guild was regulate weaving in the city and suburbs. This hall was built by the Guild in the Lower Coombe in 1682. The statue in the slide is of George II, erected by the Guild 'as a mark of their sincere loyalty.'

Maker

Sophie Hogan

Bron

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection: Box 08

Uitgever

The Discovery Programme

Datum

1682

Medewerker

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Formaat

image/tiff

Taal

EN

Type

Image

Alternatieve titel

Box08_065

Datum gecreƫerd

10/02/15

Heeft format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Maakt deel uit van

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Duur

7625 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Ruimtelijke afmetingen

Country: Ireland
Town/townland: Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Area: The Coombe
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/1165873.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 14
Irish National Grid North: 33
position source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.339506
Longitude: -6.275138

Rechthebbende

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Bestanden

box8_065 copy.jpg

Tags

Citaat

Sophie Hogan, “Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, geraadpleegd 24 juli 2024, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/24967.

Insluiten

Kopieer onderstaande code in uw webpagina