Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Naslov

Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Tema

Guildhall

Opis

Lantern slide of Weavers' Hall, Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 68' with title 'Weavers Hal- Coombel.' In 1192, Prince John gave the citizens of Dublin permission to organise themselves into guilds. The Weavers' Guild was granted their first charter in September 1446. The purpose of the Guild was regulate weaving in the city and suburbs. This hall was built by the Guild in the Lower Coombe in 1682. The statue in the slide is of George II, erected by the Guild 'as a mark of their sincere loyalty.'

Autor

Sophie Hogan

Izvor

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection: Box 08

Nakladnik

The Discovery Programme

Datum

1682

Suradnik

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Jezik

EN

Tip

Image

Alternativni naslov

Box08_065

Datum stvaranja

10/02/15

Ima format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Dio Od

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

7625 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
Town/townland: Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Area: The Coombe
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/1165873.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 14
Irish National Grid North: 33
position source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.339506
Longitude: -6.275138

Nositelj autorskog prava

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Datoteke

box8_065 copy.jpg

Oznake

Bibliografski navod

Sophie Hogan, “Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, pristupljeno 24. srpnja 2024., http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/24967.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page