Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Titre

Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Sujet

Guildhall

Description

Lantern slide of Weavers' Hall, Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 68' with title 'Weavers Hal- Coombel.' In 1192, Prince John gave the citizens of Dublin permission to organise themselves into guilds. The Weavers' Guild was granted their first charter in September 1446. The purpose of the Guild was regulate weaving in the city and suburbs. This hall was built by the Guild in the Lower Coombe in 1682. The statue in the slide is of George II, erected by the Guild 'as a mark of their sincere loyalty.'

Créateur

Sophie Hogan

Source

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection: Box 08

Éditeur

The Discovery Programme

Date

1682

Contributeur

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Langue

EN

Type

Image

Alternative Title

Box08_065

Date Created

10/02/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

7625 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
Town/townland: Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Area: The Coombe
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/1165873.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 14
Irish National Grid North: 33
position source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.339506
Longitude: -6.275138

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Fichiers

box8_065 copy.jpg

Mots-clés

Citer ce document

Sophie Hogan, “Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, consulté le 24 juillet 2024, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/24967.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page