Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Titel

Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Thema

Guildhall

Beschreibung

Lantern slide of Weavers' Hall, Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 68' with title 'Weavers Hal- Coombel.' In 1192, Prince John gave the citizens of Dublin permission to organise themselves into guilds. The Weavers' Guild was granted their first charter in September 1446. The purpose of the Guild was regulate weaving in the city and suburbs. This hall was built by the Guild in the Lower Coombe in 1682. The statue in the slide is of George II, erected by the Guild 'as a mark of their sincere loyalty.'

Ersteller

Sophie Hogan

Quelle

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection: Box 08

Herausgeber

The Discovery Programme

Datum

1682

Mitarbeiter

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Sprache

EN

Typ

Image

Alternativtitel

Box08_065

Erstellungsdatum

10/02/15

Alternativformate

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Bestandteil von

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Umfang

7625 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Räumlicher Umfang

Country: Ireland
Town/townland: Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Area: The Coombe
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/1165873.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 14
Irish National Grid North: 33
position source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.339506
Longitude: -6.275138

Rechtsinhaber

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Dateien

box8_065 copy.jpg

Schlagwörter

Zitat

Sophie Hogan, “Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed 24. Juli 2024, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/24967.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page