George IV Monument, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin.

Dublin Core

Title

George IV Monument, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin.

Subject

George IV
harbours

Description

Lantern slide depicting the George IV monument in Dun Laoghaire, formerly known as Kingstown. Dun Laoghaire was officially named Kingstown in 1821 after a visit from the British King George IV in the same year. The George IV monument was erected in honour of his visit. The town was renamed Dun Laoghaire in 1921. Originally catalogued as 'D3 VIII, 94' with the label 'Kingstown'.

Creator

Betty Maguire

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

image

Identifier

RSAI Lantern Slide, Box 16

Alternative Title

BOX16_026

Date Created

11/06/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern slide collection

Extent

7559 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
County: Dublin
Logainm County Link: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Town: Dublin City
Logainm Town Link: http://www.logainm.ie/1375542.aspx
Irish National Grid East: 15
Irish National Grid North: 35
Position Source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.294593
Longitude: -6.133096

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

box16_026 copy.jpg

Citation

Betty Maguire , “George IV Monument, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin.,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed February 5, 2023, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/27479.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page