The Temple Marino, Clontarf, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Title

The Temple Marino, Clontarf, Co. Dublin, Ireland

Subject

Temple
Neo-Classical

Description

Lantern slide of the Temple Marino, Clontarf, Co. Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 III 1' and with the title 'The Temple - Marino E. Haude 1890.' Built in neo-classical style, this garden temple was built in the 1760's in the grounds of Marino House. It was originally a hunting lodge that was inherited but James Caulfield, the first earl of Charlemount. Inspired by his extensive travels across Europe, Caulfield returned to Ireland and commissioned the Casino to be built. In the slide there is a lion sitting on the corner of the podium. They were originally designed to function as fountains, but the idea never materialised.

Creator

Sophie Hogan

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

Image

Identifier

RSAI, Lantern Slide, Box 10

Alternative Title

BOX10_053A

Date Created

15/07/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

7559 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
County: Dublin
Logainm County Link: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Town: Marino
http://www.logainm.ie/1412145.aspx
Irish National Grid East: o 17
Irish National Grid North: 36
Position Source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.371307
Longitude: -6.227029

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

BOX10_053A copy.jpg

Tags

Citation

Sophie Hogan, “The Temple Marino, Clontarf, Co. Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed December 5, 2019, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/26300.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page