Museum Building, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Title

Museum Building, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland

Subject

Architecture
Byzantine Influence
Tympanum

Description

Lantern slide of the Museum Building, Trinity College Dublin. Originally labeled'D3 96' with title 'Engineering S[?]eT.C.D..' Located on the South of New Square, the Museum Building was built in the mid-nineteenth century. There are Lombardesque, Byzantine and Moorish influences evident in the building's architecture. A view of the tympanum is visible in the slide. Made of Caen stone, it depicts a 19th century coat of arms of the college. Below is the heavy wooden door of the main entrance. Round arched windows are visible in the slide, which are supported by columns with elaborate capitals. The building consists of 108 carved capitals in total.

Creator

Sophie Hogan

Source

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection: Box 08

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Date

1853-1857

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

Image

Alternative Title

Box08_092

Date Created

22/04/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

7652 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
Town/townland: Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 15
Irish National Grid North: 35
position source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.343925
Longitude: -6.255158

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

box8_092 copy.jpg

Citation

Sophie Hogan, “Museum Building, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed January 31, 2023, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/24994.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page