Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Dublin Core

Title

Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland

Subject

Guildhall

Description

Lantern slide of Weavers' Hall, Dublin. Originally labeled 'D3 67' with title 'Weavers Hall.' In 1192, Prince John gave the citizens of Dublin permission to organise themselves into guilds. The Weavers' Guild was granted their first charter in September 1446. The purpose of the Guild was regulate weaving in the city and suburbs. This hall was built by the Guild in the Lower Coombe in 1682. The statue in the slide is of George II, erected by the Guild 'as a mark of their sincere loyalty.'

Creator

Sophie Hogan

Source

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection: Box 08

Publisher

The Discovery Programme

Date

1682

Contributor

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Format

image/tiff

Language

EN

Type

Image

Alternative Title

Box08_064

Date Created

10/02/15

Has Format

Scanned to 2400 dpi , 16 bit greyscale image with automatic exposure

Is Part Of

RSAI Lantern Slide Collection

Extent

7625 x 7559 pixels

Medium

Lantern Slides

Spatial Coverage

Country: Ireland
Town/townland: Dublin
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/100002.aspx
Area: The Coombe
Logainm code: http://www.logainm.ie/1165873.aspx
Irish National Grid East: O 14
Irish National Grid North: 33
position source: www.logainm.ie
Latitude: 53.339506
Longitude: -6.275138

Rights Holder

The Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland (RSAI)

Files

box8_064 copy.jpg

Citation

Sophie Hogan, “Weavers' Hall, Dublin, Ireland,” Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, accessed August 12, 2020, http://rsai.locloudhosting.net/items/show/24966.

Embed

Copy the code below into your web page